Thursday 5 May 2016

What is and where is the best EV charging station in the GTA?

The few EV charging stations I have encountered and actually used in the GTA through the course of my EV ownership have been nothing to boast about so far. They have often been a single charger, awkwardly placed and often ICE'd (occupied by a gasoline car). Nothing fancy, nothing to look at.

Then today I was out in the west end for a meeting and I had an hour to kill so I figured I would find a charger, park and let the car sip some electrons while I sip my morning coffee and take care of some emails. I browsed through plugshare to find the closest charger to the office I was visiting and found this beauty.


First off, yes that is my car - a Chevy Volt. Yes, I know it is a PHEV/EREV and not a true EV, but don't crucify me, I drive it like an electric car. I plan to touch on PHEV vs. EREV vs. EV in the future so back on topic...

In the parking lot of Baka Mobile is this amazing 8 stall charging station with solar canopy that is open to the public. It is an impressive investment by the company and a great example of the investment others should be making into EV infrastructure. 

So that lead me to thinking, what is and where are the best EV charging stations in the GTA and southern Ontario for that matter. Where can we see the best examples of what EV charging in Ontario should be?

Leave a comment or send me an email at greatertorontoev@gmail.com and tell me what you think is Ontario's best charging station and it may get featured here. 

And if you want to now more about the company that made the investment in a charger like this on their property, their website is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources